Warranty for Watches
How long is the warranty period?
Every Mermaid Stories watch comes with a warranty of two years from the date of your purchase. (This does not affect your other rights that you have by law.)
Are there any defects that the warranty doesn't cover?
Our warranty covers manufacturing defects on the watch itself (movement and case). Other parts than the above are not covered by this warranty. Please note that especially the vegetable tanned leather used for our watch straps is excluded from warranty claims, as it lies in its nature that it will change colors and/or bleach over time. You can consult our dedicated leather page to learn more about the characteristics of natural leather.
Please note that the warranty does not apply to:
- Failure or damage caused by inattention, carelessness or improper use (for example crushing, knocking, denting, scratching, bouncing, falling).
- Failure or damage caused by unjustifiable repair or modification of a third party without the prior written permission of Mermaid Stories.
- Failure or damage cause by fire or water, or natural forces/disasters such as earthquakes.
- Aesthetic changes that occur during normal wear and tear and aging. This for example includes the alteration of the color of the strap, scratches on the case or peeling of the plating on the case.
- Battery replacement, also during the warranty term.
How is the process when I want to make use of the warranty?
To get a replacement under our warranty, please contact us at email@example.com. In your e-mail, please write “Reclaim of purchase” as subject of the email and specify your full name, address, order number and a detailed description of the issue. We will then get in contact with you as soon as possible.